10:00am ET - 11:00am ET
The Science of P2P Fundraising
We know that peer-to-peer fundraising is an effective way to raise money and boost your organization's visibility. We put a ton of focus on how to compel participants to raise money -- but how much focus do we put on recognizing participants for their work? Find out why fundraisers don’t always behave as we anticipate.
The science behind recognition is vitally important to understanding how to increase revenue for your cause.
In this webinar, you will:
• Find out why fundraisers don’t always behave as we anticipate
• Learn to understand what motivates constituents and use these insights to shape fundraising practices
• See how to create warriors for your cause and increase value to your organization through recognition
• Randi Corey, National Director of Special Events, Hydrocephalus Association
• Katrina VanHuss, CEO, Turnkey
11:30am ET - 12:30pm ET
Mission Engagement on Your Event: Best Practices for Connecting Participants with Your Cause and Community
In this session, we are going to study best practices for engaging participants in your mission by utilizing your cause and activating your community on-event.
We are fundraising in a crowded space of P2P events. Every single weekend. In every major city. Often there are multiple fundraising events for the same cause. Every fundraiser out there is clamoring for the secret sauce that will make people care about their cause, raise money for their event, and then do it again the next year and the year after that. Even if someone cares deeply, the average 5K only has a return participant rate of about 32%--because events get stale.
Contrasting that, the return rate of endurance events is closer to 50%. Considering that marketing your event and recruiting participants is likely your largest event cost, it's worth giving the experience participants have on an event a hard look. Participants don't want another cheap, ill-fitting branded t-shirt, they want an experience that inspires them and shows them they have the power to change the world...have it be your cause that helps them do it!
• Colleen Healy Fitzgerald, Managing Partner and CFO, OP3
• Molly Gascoigne, Senior Director of Development, Constituent Events, Alzheimer's Association National Capital Area Chapter
1:00pm ET - 2:00pm ET
How to Select the Right Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Tech Platform for Your Nonprofit
Never have there been as many software platforms for peer-to-peer fundraising as there are today. So, how do you find the right one for your nonprofit?
This session covers the various types of peer-to-peer campaigns and the technology capabilities required to support them, plus points to consider when evaluating peer-to-peer platforms. You’ll hear learnings straight from a panel of nonprofit professionals who have recently gone through the process of selecting a peer-to-peer fundraising platform.
After attending this session, you’ll:
• Understand what technology capabilities you may need based on the type and complexity of your peer-to-peer campaign(s)
• Know specific considerations for what to look for when evaluating peer-to-peer fundraising software platforms
• Learn tips and insights on what peer-to-peer fundraising software platforms can help you accomplish
• Mark Becker, Founding Partner, Cathexis Partners
• Claire Geiger, US Partnerships and Fundraising Manager, World Bicycle Relief
2:30pm ET - 3:30pm ET
Turbocharge Your Fundraising Activation Rate with These Proven Emails
What would a 10% boost in fundraiser activation do for your event revenue? Roll up your sleeves and find out how Wounded Warrior Project used email to bump fundraising activation by 11% for Soldier Ride and how you can too using the same campaign — with examples — to fire up your fundraisers.
• Tara Lee, Peer to Peer Events Team Wounded Warrior Project
• Mandy O’Neill, Chief Strategist ConnectedNonprofit
4:00pm ET - 5:00pm ET
What Everyone Ought To Know About Sponsorships for Peer-to-Peer Fundraising
This fast-paced session will help you uncover new potential sponsorship funding for your peer-to-peer program. We’ll share little-known tips, recommendations, and case studies that you can apply — for programs large and small!
Topics will include:
• Prospecting — How to build a list from scratch, how to prioritize your list, and how to engage others in initial outreach
• Initial meeting — What to say, ask, and goal setting to make a great “first impression”
• Asset inventory — Creative ways to re-package program assets that will be sure to win a sponsor’s heart (and dollars!)
• Marketing materials — What do you need to cultivate prospects, increase retention, and make your job of selling sponsorships easier!
• Rachel Kubicki Collins, CEO, Accelerated Charity Growth